Friday, December 6, 2013

WOW HAS IT REALLY BEEN THIS LONG...

REALLY... more than a YEAR since my last post.... craziness for sure...

lots has happened since my last post... 

the twins turned TWO... and now they are almost THREE!!!  OMG where does the time go???  They fulfill their terrible twos exactly when we don't want them too... like the family beach trip, when sand would cause a meltdown or during family pics when all we want is a smile or two... but hey they are TWO and there have been lots more times when they weren't terrible.. they talk up a storm and as this moment they are no longer Cannon and Deacon, but you must refer to them as Superman and Batman.

My mom had open heart surgery, almost a year ago, to repair a valve... she did really well and has spent the year juggling dr. appt's and trying to get meds adjusted properly... and found out she is pretty anemic...but now we seem to be on the proper meds (no Cumidin-YEA!!) and the anemia seems to be getting better as well... Dad and sister are doing great too... my sister turned 38 this year!

As for me... going to the heart doc with your mom is an EYE-OPENING experience and will change the way you live that is for sure... as I sat in the dr. office with her last December I realized I needed to make some changes... nothing like a bunch of overweight people talking about their horrible surgery experiences, and seeing all the amputees due to diabetes and bad health that the light clicked in my head that I knew that I didn't want to end up in this office ever again.  So right after my mom's surgery in January, I signed up with a gym, started a wellness program and hired a trainer (some of the best money I have ever spent). Let me tell you... start paying attention to what you are eating and looking up restaurant food calories and you will be SHOCKED at how much excess food goes in your body!!!  Things I thought were "healthy" were FAR, FAR from that!!!
Since January I have lost 35 pounds, lowered my body fat% by almost 10% and lost a total of 21" and dropped 2-3 clothes sizes... still have about 15 more pounds to hit my goal weight...


so once again I will try to not go a year without a post... we will see how that works out  LOL...


No comments: